Brand Name: Proscar®
Finasteride prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. DHT is involved in the development of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
Finasteride is used to treat symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in men with an enlarged prostate.
* Note: All prices in Bitcoin (BTC). The Bitcoin exchange rate is calculated using an average price from several leading exchange providers. Local currency conversions are provided for your convenience.
† The pharmacy dispenses the product displayed. In the case of a product shortage, the pharmacy may substitute with an alternative generic.
Other Known Brand Names for Proscar
- Curlzfin (Canixa Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.)
- F-pecia (Cipla Limited)
- Finalo (Intas Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.)
- Finara (Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.)
- Finast (Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.)
- Finastid (Merck Sharp & Dohme (ITALIA) S.p.A.)
- Finax (Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.)
- Fincar (Cipla Limited)
- Fincept (Lupin Limited)
- Fincover (Micro Labs Ltd.)
- Finsava (SAVA Healthcare Limited)
- Pelosta (Genpharm)
- Procure (Merck Frosst)
- Prohair (Palsons Drugs & Chemical Industries)
- Proscalpin (Fortune Health Care)
- Proscar (Merck Frosst)
- Proscare (Centurion Laboratories)
- Prosteride (Centurion Laboratories)
- Prostide (Merck Frosst)
- UK-Finasteride (UK Generic mft.)
Take finasteride exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take this medicine with a full glass of water.
Finasteride can be taken with or without food. Take the medicine at the same time each day.
To be sure finasteride is helping your condition and not causing harmful effects, your blood may need to be tested often. Your doctor will also test your prostate specific antigen (PSA) to check for prostate cancer. Visit your doctor regularly.
Use finasteride regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
Store finasteride at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light. Keep the bottle tightly closed when not in use.
Finasteride may be administered with or without meals.
The recommended dose of finasteride is one tablet (5 mg) taken once a day.
Combination with Alpha-Blocker
The recommended dose of finasteride is one tablet (5 mg) taken once a day in combination with the alpha-blocker doxazosin.
Disclaimer: Information and data on Finasteride (generic Proscar®) found on this website is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute legal advice and it is recommended to first check all information with your medical practitioner.