- Citalopram Hydrobromide
Citalopram Hydrobromide 20mg
Brand Name: Celexa®
Citalopram is an antidepressant in a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).
Citalopram is used to treat depression.
* Note: All prices in Bitcoin (BTC). The Bitcoin exchange rate is calculated using an average price from several leading exchange providers. Local currency conversions are provided for your convenience.
† The pharmacy dispenses the product displayed. In the case of a product shortage, the pharmacy may substitute with an alternative generic.
Other Known Brand Names for Celexa
- C-PRAM (Unichem Laboratories Ltd.)
- C-Talo (Pentacare (Alkem))
- Celepra (Micro Labs Ltd.)
- Celexa (Lundbeck)
- Celica (Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd.)
- Cipramil (Lundbeck)
- Ciprexa (Pulse Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.)
- Citadep (Protec (div. Cipla Limited))
- Citalop (RPG Life Sciences Ltd.)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide (Various Manufacturers)
- Citapad (Tripada Healthcare)
- Citara (Intas Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.)
- Citka (Navkar Formulation)
- Citola (LA Pharma)
- Citopam (Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.)
- Cytop (Wockhardt Ltd.)
- Feliz (Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.)
- ITA-Citalopram (Italian Generic Pharma)
- Madam (Panacea Biotec Ltd.)
- Natalo (Natco Pharma)
- Seropram (Lundbeck)
- SW-Citalopram (Generic Swiss mft)
- Talo (Sigmund Promedica)
- Tordep (Mano Pharmaceuticals)
- UK-Citalopram (UK Generic mft.)
- Zetalo (Abbott Piramal India Ltd.)
Take citalopram exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Measure liquid citalopram with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
It may take 4 weeks or longer before your symptoms improve. Keep using the medication as directed and tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 4 weeks of treatment.
Do not stop using citalopram suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. Ask your doctor how to safely stop using citalopram.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Usual Adult Dose for Depression
Initial dose: 20 mg orally once a day.
Maintenance dose: 20 to 40 mg/day. The initial dose may be increased in 20 mg increments not more often than once a week up to a maximum of 40 mg per day.
Usual Geriatric Dose for Depression
20 mg/day orally is the maximum recommended dose for patients who are greater than 60 years of age.
Usual Pediatric Dose for Depression
Children Up To 11 Years:
Initial dose: 10 mg orally once daily; increase dose slowly by 5 mg/day every 2 weeks as clinically needed; dosage range: 20 to 40 mg/day
12 to 18 Years:
Initial: 20 mg orally once daily; increase dose slowly by 10 mg/day every 2 weeks as clinically needed; dosage range: 20 to 40 mg/day
Usual Pediatric Dose for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Children Up To 11 years: Initial: 5-10 mg/day given once daily; increase dose slowly by 5 mg/day every 2 weeks as clinically needed; dosage range: 10 to 40 mg/day.
12 to 18 years: Initial: 10 to 20 mg/day given once daily; increase dose slowly by 10 mg/day every 2 weeks as clinically needed; dosage range: 10 to 40 mg/day.
Disclaimer: Information and data on Citalopram Hydrobromide (generic Celexa®) found on this website is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute legal advice and it is recommended to first check all information with your medical practitioner.